2016 GCSE Results – Our best yet!
For the third year The Ebbsfleet Academy has shown what excellent teaching, high expectations and hard work can achieve as we celebrate 56% of our pupils gaining at least five good GCSEs including English and maths! Amongst the many successes were 67% of our pupils achieving a good grade in English and 66% achieving it in maths. The percentage of pupils achieving both subjects was 60%. Successful pupils achieving 9 GCSEs at C or above included Alex Andrews, Weronika Guzik, Lucy Moore, Jordan Constant, Jacob Painting, Harrison Prince and George Waterman. Star pupils achieving 10 good GCSEs included Poppy Carter, Reegan Knight and Joshua Jackson (both boys with all their grades at B or above).
This is another superb achievement for the pupils, their families and their teachers. In addition, since this Year group arrived at the predecessor school as a cohort with achievement well below that of other pupils nationally, it represents significant progress and shows just what heights can be achieved when pupils aspire to excel.
- 56% of pupils achieved a C or above in GCSEs (or equivalent) in 5 or more subjects, including English and Maths.
- 4.4% Percentage of pupils achieved the English Baccalaureate.
- 70% of pupils in English and 77% in Maths have achieved at least the minimum expected levels of progress in English and maths between KS2 and KS4.
2016 English Early Entry GCSE Results
- 92% A* - C grades
- 78% Made expected progress or better
- 40% Made better than expected progress
- 4 A Grades - 27 B Grades - 17 C Grades
2015 GCSE Results
Students, parents and teachers at The Ebbsfleet Academy are celebrating its best set of GCSEs ever – almost doubling the results of its predecessor school.
With 54% of students gaining the coveted 5 A* - C including English and mathematics, the results show a rapid improvement from 28% in 2013 and 38% in 2014.
Speaking about the results, Principal Alison Colwell said: “Such a significant improvement in our GCSE results this year clearly shows that the persistent hard work and commitment of our students and the exceptional teaching and support provided by the staff is having a fantastic impact.”
In total, students gained fifty-two A and A* grades between them and 4% achieved the English Baccalaureate.
The Ebbsfleet Academy would also like to congratulate the following:
- Florian Nurudeen receiving an A* in Maths, Additional Science, Physical Education and Sport, plus five A grades and one B grade
- Urvi Mendez receiving an A* in Maths, plus four A grades and three B grades
Samuel Porter receiving an A* in English, plus three A grades, one B grade and one C grade
- Wiktoria Bujok receiving an A* in Spanish, plus two A grades, three B grades and four C grades
- Abbie Wellard receiving an A* in Art, plus five B grades and two C grades
- Lily Allen receiving A* in RS, plus one A grade, four B grades and two C grades
Alison continued: “We congratulate all of our students on their achievements and warmly thank their teachers and families for the support that was generously provided. The academy’s motto is ‘Aspire, Excel’. Our students have been aspiring since The Ebbsfleet Academy was formed two years ago. Today, they have excelled.”
Levels of Progress 2015
73% of our students made expected progress in English and 38% made more than the expected progress.
63% of our students made expected progress in Maths and 38% made more than the expected progress.
Click below to translate into your preferred language