Pupils take pride in their work and their school.
The Ebbsfleet Academy were pleased to receive a ‘Good’ rating from Ofsted, following a full inspection that took place in October 2019.
The outcome highlights the quality in the academy’s offering: the quality of education is good; pupils' behaviour and attitudes are good; inspectors made several positive comments about the Academy including:
- “The school is well led and managed. The new principal leads with determination and passion.”
- “Pupils take pride in their work and their school”
- ·“Staff expect the best from all pupils and are ambitious for them.”
- “Teachers expect pupils to behave well. They deal quickly with poor behaviour.”
- “Pupils say that bullying is rare and when it does happen, teachers sort it out quickly.”
- “Pupils have lots of opportunities to develop their personal skills and to understand the world around them.”
- “Pupils are confident that staff will look after them”
Our Journey So Far
The Ebbsfleet Academy opened in September 2013 and we are extremely proud of our record to date of improving GCSE results from 24% A*-C including English and maths prior to opening to 60% in just four years. The Ebbsfleet Academy provides a high quality education for its students. Our vision is centred on raising standards for all students, ensuring that the highest of expectations, a consistency in approach and exceptional teaching and learning are the norm for all.
Boasting a talented, committed staff and outstanding facilities, our ambition is to ensure that all students achieve their potential, develop as courteous, confident and capable young people and leave with an education that has fully equipped them to go onto the university or the careers of their choice.
Aspiration, achievement and attainment are promoted and celebrated, recognising that each student is an individual, unique and special. At The Ebbsfleet Academy, we insist upon excellent standards of behaviour, including dress, and promote a safe, calm and orderly environment where the focus is on learning. A strong current of care, encouragement and reward ensures that Ebbsfleet students enjoy their time at the academy.
Ms Shergill, Principal for The Ebbsfleet Academy said: “I’m excited about the future and building on the success of the academy so far. We aim to change the lives of every Ebbsfleet Academy student by offering a learning environment where they can achieve their potential and leave with an education that has fully equipped them to go on to university or the career of their choice.”
Please take time to read the report in full, if you have any questions or comments, please contact Ms K Hugill, Head of Academy Administration, via email firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 01322 623100.