Joining The Ebbsfleet Academy
It is a fantastic time to be joining The Ebbsfleet Academy. You would join a hardworking and passionate team of staff, in an academy characterised by high aspirations, academic excellence and exemplary behaviour, in a school that has firm discipline and crystal clear rules (that are enforced) alongside a strong climate of care, encouragement and reward. Our parents are supportive and ambitious for their children, and our reputation in the locale has grown. The academy is an increasingly popular school in the rapidly growing Ebbsfleet Garden City community.
At The Ebbsfleet Academy we believe that a successful and happy place of learning depends on all of us working together. By working together, we can ensure that all students enjoy their time here, make excellent progress and leave us with the necessary skills and attitudes to lead successful and fulfilling lives.
We want our pupils to leave school as well-rounded, confident young people, with an awareness of the wider world, and a desire and ambition to play an active part in it, all of which is encapsulated in The Ebbsfleet Academy’s motto – Aspire, Excel!
We are looking for:
- Inspiring and motivational teachers who can enthuse and engage students to achieve their full potential
- Committed individuals who wish to add to the success of the school by implementing their own ideas and strategies and embrace the very best practice in teaching
- We ask for three things in our teachers - that you love children; that you are conscientious, committed and with a clear moral purpose; and that you are passionate and highly knowledgeable about your subject
In return we offer you:
- Continuous Professional Growth, a unique approach to appraisal and professional development
- Access to coaching and mentoring from within and beyond the Trust
- A well-qualified, ambitious and caring staff team who are committed to The Ebbsfleet Academy’s future success
- The support and challenge of an experienced, skilled and dedicated Academy Council
- Discounted gym/leisure membership
- Access to free financial and pension advice
- A comprehensive Employee Assistance Programme and Wellbeing portal.
The Brook Learning Trust
The Ebbsfleet Academy is proud to be part of the The Brook Learning Trust family of academies. As a Trust, we bring together our unique academies in our belief in the power of education to change lives and communities.
It is our steadfast purpose to challenge and defy the barriers that constrain the educational progress of any child. We set high aims for aspiration and secure collective responsibility for all our children’s achievements. Our work is underpinned by the values of Integrity, Respect, Courage, Optimism, Excellence and Accountability.
A strong focus on teaching and learning as well as high standards and expectations has led the Brook Learning Trust to become recognised as one of the strongest multi-academy trusts in the county. Learning and growing with us, children in our academies make great progress. The Brook Learning Trust, working with The Ebbsfleet Academy, brings energy, passion and expertise to the education of our children.
For more information about the Brook Learning Trust, visit www.brooklearningtrust.org.uk
Staff Development at The Ebbsfleet Academy
We will help you to achieve your professional and career goals and become the best teacher and leader you can be, at whatever level you join us. Your continuous professional growth is at the heart of everything we do. Our Continuous Professional Growth Policy (CPG) puts the highest quality of teaching at the very heart of the performance management process and encourages you to continually reflect and improve your practice. Please see the BLT website for our Continuous Professional Growth Policy https://www.brooklearningtrust.org.uk/trustpolicies
Trainees- In the first year teachers will be given direct and regular support by an in-school mentor, an in-school CPD programme and opportunities for further coaching and support. The second year will continue to focus on embedding outstanding teaching; teachers will be supported by a wide range of in-school professional development and coaching.
As your career develops at Ebbsfleet, you will have access to a wide range of developmental and leadership opportunities including access to the NPQML and later the NPQSL programmes. Please see the diagram below.
CPG Development at The Ebbsfleet Academy 2019/20
If you are believe in putting students first when making decisions and are committed to developing your career then please consider joining us, check the current vacancies at https://www.brooklearningtrust.org.uk/vacancies To arrange a school visit telephone the HR Department on 01580 712754 x 331/332/333 or contact the Principal directly on firstname.lastname@example.org- we would like to hear from you.