Uniform and equipment
At Ebbsfleet Acdemy students are expected to wear their uniform correctly and smartly. The uniform rules are enforced consistently and constantly. Read more from our Principal.
Below is information on what uniform and equipment all students are expected to have and where to purchase it.
Cut off date for deliveries and collection will be Thursday 19th July 2018 by 3.30 pm at the academy otherwise home deliveries after this date.
Uniform can be ordered online from Sportswear International (SWI). Alternatvely ordered using the order forms below.
Notice: Due to the Christmas break the last order date for delivery into School will be Thursday 14th December for collection on Tuesday 19th December. Any orders placed after this date will be delivered week commencing 8th January 2018 which can be collected on the School’s specific day
What is acceptable school uniform?
This must be worn at all times when travelling to and from the academy and when moving around the building.
• Navy blue, emblazoned with the academy’s logo.
• The blazer can be removed in lessons and in the playground at break and lunchtime.
Alternative jumpers/hoodies must NOT be worn.
Navy blue V-neck pullover, emblazoned with the academy’s logo (only worn in addition to the blazer, not instead of)
Girls - navy blue trousers or navy blue, knee-length, straight A-line or pleated skirt of a suitable length for school, that is, no more than 5cm above the knee; boys - navy blue trousers.
• Boys - Plain white, long or short sleeved shirt. This must be buttoned to the neck and tucked in at all times.
• Girls - Plain white, short or long sleeve blouse in a classic style with a revere neckline.
Tie (boys only)
Must be worn at all times.
• The only acceptable footwear is plain, black, sturdy leather or leather-look shoes with wide flat heels.
• Platforms, sling-backs, open toe shoes, ankle-boots, mules, trainers and fabric shoes are not permitted.
• Coloured stitching, labels and laces are not permitted.
Boys - Black, navy blue or dark grey socks; girls – Plain black, white, or neutral ankle socks. Plain black or navy opaque tights.
During the winter months, students may wear a plain white (no other colours) vest top/t-shirt under their shirt/blouse.
Black, navy blue or dark grey overcoat; only small discreet logos are acceptable.
Not to be worn inside the building.
Gloves, hats, scarves
Black, navy blue or dark grey. Not to be worn inside the building. No caps.
Plain black or navy blue traditional school bag suitable for students to carry their planner, books and equipment (including PE kit). These can be either rucksacks, satchels, or messenger bags with no large logos. We do not permit any ‘hand bag’ style bags, even those large enough to contain books and folders. Academy branded rucksacks have been issued to all Year 7 and 8 students and are compulsory for Year 7 and 8 students only.
Black or navy blue. Large buckles displaying logos are not permitted.
• Boys - A watch with a plain strap.
• Girls - A watch with a plain strap; one pair of small studs, worn in the lower lobe of the ear.
• No other jewellery is allowed; no visible body piercing, including tongue studs, are allowed.
• Hairbands, hijabs, hair ties and scrunchies must be plain white, navy blue or black and of narrow width. No decorative hairbands, hair ties or ribbons are allowed.
• Hair must be worn in a simple style and must not be unnaturally coloured or have hair extensions, beading or shaved patterns. Haircuts must be no shorter than a number two; Mohicans, tram lines and indents are not allowed. As a general rule, straight line braiding is allowed. Patterned braiding is not allowed.
• An unnatural striking appearance is inappropriate. If in doubt over whether a planned style would be acceptable, parents/students should contact the academy and seek advice before having the hair styled.
Make-up and accessories
• Make-up, fake tan, nail varnish or nail extensions of any kind may not be worn.
• Aerosol sprays and perfumes may not be brought to the academy.
Banned items (and confiscation)
• Mobile phones, MP3 players and any other electronic devices will be confiscated if they are seen on the academy site. Students are strongly advised not to bring these to the academy.
• Any non-regulation clothing or accessories will be confiscated if they are worn on the academy site or in the local community.
• Confiscated items will only be returned at the end of the Half Term or after four weeks, whichever is sooner. There are no exceptions.
Academy PE shorts, PE t-shirt and PE fleece emblazoned with the logo. These are available from our uniform suppliers. In cold weather students may wear plain blue navy tracksuit bottoms. Socks must be plain white ankle socks. Academy football socks are also available from the suppliers. Footwear should be sturdy sports trainers. Students in Years 7-9 must also bring in shin pads, a gum shield and studded footwear (metal studs not permitted) for hockey and rugby lessons. PE kit bags should be a plain black or plain navy blue drawstring bag with no large logos.
All students need to have the following:
- Prep folder (issued to students on first day)
- Black pen and a spare black pen
- Green pen
- Pencil, rubber and pencil sharpener
- Reading book
- Scientific calculator
- Pencil case