At Ebbsfleet Academy, we believe that enabling students to have a voice strengthens communication between students and teachers. The views of students will be consulted and taken into consideration in a variety of ways at all levels across the Academy. In turn, this creates a community where students and teachers work in partnership towards shared goals.
The Academy will have a Student Academy Council and Ebbsfleet Ambassadors.
Academy Council structure
We have a Head Boy, Head Girl, Deputy Head Boy and Deputy Head Girl, as well as Ebbsfleet Ambassadors. Our student leaders meet regularly with Ms. Evans. Matters discussed include:
1. Matters of concern to students
2. Improvements to the functioning of the academy
3. Events aimed at promoting House and academy ethos.
Year 9 students may apply to become Junior Prefects, and Year 10 students may apply to become Senior Prefects. In addition, we have a Head Boy and Head Girl, a clerk to the student council, as well as Literacy Leaders and Sports Leaders.
The role of a Prefect:
- To act as a role model to other students, demonstrating the utmost degree of diligence and embracing the academy’s values.
- To assist the Leadership Team with their duties.
- To carry out duties, including lunch duties.
- To act as an ambassador for the academy in the local community.
- To help with organisation and running of academy-wide events (e.g. parents evenings, open events, Year 6 induction day).
- To attend Student Council meetings and lead the development of House Ethos.
- To lead assemblies.
- To attend meetings with the Leadership Team to review role and impact.